GSEF's Mission and Vision
“The Good Shepherd Educational Foundation creates servant-leaders through Christian-based education in order to build a peaceful society in South Sudan. Currently, the foundation raises funds for the following ministries”
- Good Shepherd College & Seminary provides adult theological and ESL training. In addition to more extensive coursework at their main location in Juba South Sudan, the College periodically provides short courses in two South Sudanese refugee camps in northern Uganda, teaching topics such as Church Leadership, Community Development, Bible and Theology, Pastoral Care and Counseling, Youth and Children Ministry, Conflict Resolution, and Peace and Reconciliation.
- Good Shepherd Academy provides elementary education to children regardless of tribe. Having more than a dozen tribes represented within the school has led to a profound movement of tribal reconciliation and unity within the region. In addition to education, the children receive their daily meals while in school and also learn English. Families are invited to participate in regular prayer which has led many to Christ. Additionally, the school operates a well that provides clean potable water to the community.
- The Christian Times newspaper advocates for social development, peace, and reconciliation from a Biblical Worldview.
Mosaic Ministry partnership opportunities have included:
- Intentional prayer - for protection, inner healing, provision, the advancement of the gospel
- Annually we partner with Trinity Seminary and the Anglican Diocese of Pittsburgh to collaborate on events where John disciples Christians in Pittsburgh
- Our kids have sent pictures and letters to the children in the Academy
- Aiding in developing marketing materials as well as writing and distributing updates on the ministry to American supporters
- We plan to send teams to South Sudan to partner in ministry there.
- Monthly financial support
Currently adopted by The Men's Small Group.