Crop & Kettle's Mission and Vision
“Crop & Kettle is a non profit, social enterprise that utilizes the food system to provide job training and social development to members of our community who are eager to overcome their current obstacles to employment. Crop & Kettle instills a renewed sense of value and purpose into each student so that they are equipped and confident to achieve gainful employment and lifelong stability.” http://www.cropandkettle.org
Mosaic Ministry partnership opportunities have included:
- partnering in meal preparation in the early months of the COVID-19 Pandemic
- aiding with service and meal preparation for catering events
- aiding with gardening and farming projects
- In their staff development they have welcomed volunteers to provide Biblical teaching
- In their life skills class they have welcomed volunteers to provide practical skills around things such as resume writing, interviewing, and budgeting
- In their culinary arts they have welcomed guest chefs to teach on special techniques like making pasta and sausage from scratch.
- Sponsoring students and the organization in our annual Christmas Project
- Monthly financial support
- Currently adopted by All Purpose small group.
General Prayer requests:
- Pray for their staff as they minister to students. May God grant them empathy for each student’s circumstances and wisdom to know where to refer them for additional services (Drug rehab, mental health, parenting). May God grant them vision of who He is calling each student to be and words to encourage and guide the student into this reality.
- Pray for God to empower and equip each student. Prayer for healing from any traumas, mental illness, addiction or other barriers. May each student embrace their God given identity and purpose.
- Pray for daily financial provision that will enable them to expand their reach into other counties.
- Pray for God to give us as a church His direction for what our Partnership should look like in the months and year ahead.